Google Business Page – With over five billion searches a day, Google is clearly the world’s number one research tool. You can almost guarantee that prospective clients, employees, business partners etc. will use it to connect with the people they need. If you and your business are invisible to those who seek what you have to offer then you are clearly not ready.
Google has become a big part of how internet users discover products, services and general updates. Daily, Internet users rely heavily on Google to find the answers to important and non-important questions.
So Why Get Google My Business Page?
Google My Business (GMB) is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, most especially Search and Maps. By verifying and editing your business information, you can both help customers find you and tell them the story of your business. So with Google My Business, Google makes your business stand out on search results.
If you are an entrepreneur or a business owner, there are several benefits of using your Google My Business page to enhance your online visibility. But here, we highlight 5 benefits and reasons why you should create a Google My Business Page
You can also watch these short videos on how to create and get your Google Business Page verified in minutes
- Understand and expand your presence: This has to be one of the most important benefits of GMB. You get to see insights on how customers searched for your business, and where those customers are coming from. You will also get to see information about the number of people that called your business directly from the phone number displayed on local search results in Search and Maps. This gives you deeper insights into what your (potential) customers really want and it also helps you to make their experience with your brand seamless as possible.
- Google My Business is Free and Cost Effective: GMB is a free online business directory on and owned by the biggest search engine in the world. Unlike other available only directories, Google My Business is free. All you need to set your page up is your Google account and your business details (address, name, email, phone and logo). Your Google My Business Page enables potential customers easy access to your hours of operation, phone number, website and directions with a click of a button—all for free, they also get to rate your business.
- Search-ability and Visibility on Google Maps: One of biggest benefits of your Google My Business page and profile is the prime space it can occupy in search results. GMB profiles appear in the Local “3-pack” area and in Google Maps results. When a Google search is performed, the first three results are usually reserved for Google AdWords ads (paid search). Next, you’ll typically see a map with three local results highlighted (hence the name “3-pack”). You will then see “organic” results just as seen in the image below. If you keep your GMB page updated and interact with your old and new customers regularly, your page ranking will improve, the chances for your business to appear in the “3-pack” space will also be higher.
- Interact with old and new customers: You get to read and respond to reviews from your customers and post photos that show off what you do. According to Google, businesses that add photos to their listings receive 42% more requests for driving directions on Google Maps and 35% more clicks through to their websites than businesses that don’t. so what are you waiting for? You should get started now
- Messaging through Google My Business: Google has also recently launched a messaging feature that lets businesses chat with customers who find their profile on the search results page. Through this feature, businesses will be able to quickly answer questions and assist current and potential customers. You’ll need to turn on this feature within your Google My Business dashboard to begin receiving messages.
Need help setting up your Google My Business page? Shoot me an email