With the lockdown due to COVID-19 across the world, many jobs are threatened and there seem to be uncertainty about the security of jobs but guess what? Thousands of people are making a living on remote job platforms as freelancers. I personally know a few. and Gbenga Adebiyi is one of them, he has been working on UpWork since 2014. He has also trained 100s of people who are making a living on the platform too.
I hosted Gbenga Adebiy on the Remote Work session webinar on Monday 20th April 2020 and we discussed how to get started on UpWork, writing dope profiles and proposals and most importantly landing your first job as a beginner on the platform among other things.
Upwork is a great place to find more clients, and to run and grow your own business.
- Freedom to work on ideal projects. On Upwork, you run your own business and choose your own clients and projects. Just complete your profile and we’ll highlight ideal jobs. Also, search projects, and respond to client invitations.
- Wide variety and high pay. Clients are now posting jobs in hundreds of skill categories, paying top price for great work.
- More and more success. The greater the success you have on projects, the more likely you are to get hired by clients that use Upwork.
LISTEN TO THE WEBINAR BELOW
Below are some of the things you will learn when you listen to the recording:
- The top skills on high demand
- The difference between high income and low-income skills
- The 3 most important thing to note to be a successful freelancer
- How to search for the right jobs
- building a lasting reputation