Addicted To Twitter? Here Is How To Temporarily Deactivate Your Account
Have you ever wanted to take time off social media for a while? There are different reasons people want to take time off social media, especially a platform like Twitter that can be an addiction and distraction and it can be very addictive. Being able to temporarily disable one’s Twitter account is a welcome development and a good way to start.
Sometimes, I get addicted to Twitter and always want to detach myself for balance. So if you are one of those people who want to take time off the platform just to have that real life and social media life balance then you are in the right place. You may also want to leave Twitter because you are overwhelmed with work and need all the time you can get the job done.
HOW LONG CAN YOU DEACTIVATE YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR?
You can only deactivate your Twitter account for 30 days after which it is permanently deleted. What I do before deactivation is to set up a reminder on my calendar app to notify me 3 days before the expiration of the activation so I can reactive and have my account back.
It takes less than 30 seconds to temporarily disable your Twitter account and less than 10 seconds to reactive same. Below are steps to take to deactivate your account:
STEPS TO DEACTIVATING YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT
- Click on Settings and privacy from the drop-down menu under your profile icon.
- From the Account tab, click on Deactivate your account at the bottom of the page.
- Read the account deactivation information, then click Deactivate @username.
- Enter your password when prompted and confirm that you want to proceed by clicking the Deactivate account button.
CONNECT WITH ME:
- SUBSCRIBE to my channel – http://bit.ly/oyelo
- JOIN MY MAILING LIST: https://olamideyelo.com/join
- READ MY ARTICLES on https://olamideyelo.com/blog
- WATCH MORE DIGITAL MARKETING VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list…