The year 2019 started on a high note for me, I really didn’t have any set-out goals for the year, but I knew I actually wanted to speak at events and teach courses at some point in the year. So when the opportunities came, I was very prepared for them. You can book me for speaking engagements for your events in 2020 here.
Why should I speak at your event in 2020?
I possess quite a number of skills and I have experience working and delivering projects in tech, non-profit, digital and content marketing, SMS marketing, YouTube management and consulting, content management system (CMS), branding, public relations and communications etc. I have spoken at numerous events and trained hundreds of people and organizations on the use of social media for business, advocacy and social good since 2013
I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, a Diploma in Social Media Marketing, a Diploma in Integrated Brand Experience and a Certificate in Strategic Brand Building and over 10 years of experience working in the tech, religious, non-profit and communications sectors.
Below is a list of the events I spoke at in 2019:
1. Social Media Week Lagos (FEBRUARY 2019): The year started on a very high note for me, working and consulting for the European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) February was a tough month but I had to make out time to prepare notes and speak at the Storytelling Telling Techniques For Amplifying Social Impact masterclass hosted by W-TEC at the Social Media Week Lagos, 2019. I had the opportunity to share the stage with the Executive Director of W-TEC, Oreoluwa Shomolu-Lesi. We talked about content and how visual storytelling can help the work that non-profit organizations do. The class was pretty emotional as the topic evoked emotions from some of the participants. Do watch snippets from the session here:
2. Orange Academy Content marketing Class (June – December 2019): In August, I was invited to teach a class in at the Orange Academy Content and Copy Department (OCCD). The feedback from my first class in August 2019 was amazing and that led to me taking the session on Starting Your Own Content/Digital Agency for different sets of the school between August and December 2019
3. Digify Pro Industry Event (OCTOBER 2019): In October, just a few weeks before my birthday, I was invited to be on a panel to discuss the trends, work of the future at the Digify Pro’s Cohort’s 5 industry event organized by Facebook’s NG Hub. I had the opportunity to share the stage with industry leaders on my panel and also left the event with quite an array of knowledge.
4. Kingdom Life Ministries Women Empowerment Program, Ejigbo (OCTOBER 2019): I was a special guest at the Kingdom Life Ministries Women Empowerment Program in Ejigbo, where I talked about businesses women could do with very little or no capital at all. Speaking from Proverbs 31:16 and Exodus 35:15 and also explaining the place of Grace and the God factor. The major highlight from here was speaking to women in their late 30’s up until the 60s
5. WordCamp Nairobi (DECEMBER): In my quest to cover WordCamps across Africa and help tech enthusiast and WordPress professionals tell compelling stories of their work, I started curating experiences at WordCamps and WordPress events in Nigeria in 2018. Thanks to the awesome people at Yoast, I not only had the opportunity to cover the WordCamps outside Nigeria, but I also spoke at the WordCamps in Nairobi and Mombasa on the 7th and 8th of December 2019 respectively.
6. WordCamp Mombasa (DECEMBER)
I look forward to covering and curate experiences at tech events in 2020 in and outside Nigeria, do get in touch here